I want to begin by sharing some information I believe to be very important on some intense topics. No one likes to believe that they or a loved one will ever experience rape, incest, sexual assault, domestic violence, suicide, stalking, or any other form of trauma.
However, statistics show that “every 98 seconds, an American is sexually assaulted. And every 8 minutes, that victim is a child” (RAINN). Those number are staggering to say the least.
According to The National Domestic Violence Hotline, more than 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men in the US have experienced rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime. Seriously?? This is heart breaking. Maybe you or someone you know has experienced these traumas.
It is important to me to provide you with the resources so you know where to turn if you or a loved one may be or has been ever been affected by these crimes. Speak out. You are not alone! All of these hotlines are available 24/7.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline, http://www.thehotline.org, 1.800.799.7233
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org 1.800.273.8255
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, http://www.missingkids.com 1.800.THE.LOST (843-5678)
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN), https://www.rainn.org/about-national-sexual-assault-telephone-hotline 1.800.656.HOPE (4673)
- Paladin National Stalking Advocacy Services, http://paladinservice.co.uk (London) 020 3866 410